ELECTION OUTCOME (and what it means): Click Here
Result: 301 passes (yeah!), 2A passes (bummer!)
Bottom Line: Now we have some exciting opportunities!
Keep an eye out...the campaign is over and this website will be changing!
||Lafayette's Energy Future
||Vote For More Clean Energy – NOT The Status Quo!
Another 20-year Xcel franchise? (status quo and coal) — NO on 2A! [More...]
Replace with "Utility Occupation Tax"? (to fund clean energy) — YES on 301! [More...]
We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to get:
- More energy from renewables (solar, wind, geothermal)
and energy efficiency/conservation
- Less energy from fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural gas)
WHY to vote NO on 2A and YES on 301 [Summary...]
- A 20 year commitment is much too long.
Let's keep our options open to respond to future changes and opportunities.
- Send powerful messages to Xcel:
We want to transition off of fossil fuels more quickly.
We want a competitive clean energy market, not a monopoly dominated by coal.
- Fund more renewables and energy efficiency at no additional cost.
- Take clear action to address climate change.
We are responsible for the climate that we leave to our children!
- This is the No-Risk Option.
These 2 votes keep our options open for a year.
Just to be Clear...
- Our electricity rates and Xcel programs will not change. [More...]
- This has nothing to do with "municipalization". [More...]
- Using energy revenue for clean energy need not harm City services or personnel. [More...]
Greensburg Kansas — inspiration for a future powered by renewables and energy efficiency. [article]
Güssing Austria — inspiration for clean energy economic development. [article]